Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.How Pip-Taz Injection Works
Piptaz 4.5gm Injection is a combination of two medicines: Piperacillin and Tazobactam. Piperacillin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Tazobactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Piperacillin against bacteria.Pip-Taz Injection Related Warnings
Pip-Taz Injection Side Effects
- Alcohol Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy probably safe Piptaz 4.5gm Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
- Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the fetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Lactation Safe Piptaz 4.5gm Injection is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
- Driving is not known whether Piptaz 4.5gm Injection alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
- Kidney caution Piptaz 4.5gm Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Piptaz 4.5gm Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Liver Piptaz 4.5gm Injection is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Piptaz 4.5gm Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
- Allergic reaction